I am halfway done with my first semester college! Time is flying by, so I thought I would take an opportunity to let everyone know what’s going on in my life!
- My classes are going great. I love my nutrition class; we learn information that’s applicable to real life! It’s especially applicable in the dining hall when I’m deciding between a slice of pizza and a salad…
- I’ve figured out how to navigate campus, and I have found some of my favorite spots. The seven story library has two floors dedicated to quiet study. During the day, that’s probably where I am between classes!
- It’s only a five minute walk from my dorm to the beautiful flowing river our campus is famous for, so it’s easy to wander down there to relax. Five minutes in another direction is the San Marcos city square. I’m obsessed with a restaurant called Gil’s. They serve extra-large cinnamon roles a la mode. They’re incredible. Don’t tell my nutrition teacher.
- I’ve made friends with lots of girls in my dorm, but I hang out with my high school friend, Megan, the most.
- Megan and I go to the student rec center together as part of our pack to lose fifteen pounds (reverse freshman fifteen) on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and a day in the weekend. We do a variety of awesome workouts!
- I travelled back to Abilene to celebrate my boyfriend’s birthday. It was a complete surprise to him, and I’m so glad I got to celebrate with him!
- Another time, I visited for homecoming and had so much fun catching up with everyone there. I have several friends who went to college there, but others came from out of town, too!
- I see my parents nearly every weekend. Sometimes they come to me, and sometimes I go to them. Most recently, my older sister and I traveled home for my dad’s birthday and also went to a fall festival.
- I’m attending lots of different events, having fun, and meeting people!